Thursday, December 09, 2004

 

In Which I Don't Know Which Way Is Up...

Quick entry today as it was a very long day: we had monthly story pitch meetings, made all the more interesting by the fact that I have a vicious head cold and lost my voice. God's judgment on people who talk too much, says my mom, who could use an attack of laryngitis herself now and then.

Today my voice was like a cell phone on the edge of its coverage area: it kept dropping out on me in speech. When it does work, I sound like a cross between Gollum and Brenda Vaccaro. And of course PMS meetings are chiefly oral presentations. What am I going to do? I tried to work out some charades, but in the end one of my editors gave me a piece of chalk and a little slate so I can at least reply in simple declarative statements. You think I'm kidding.

The big news--and of course I was out sick on the actual day--is my humble little blog was named Blog of the Day by the fine people who run the, er, Blog of the Day site. Many thanks for the kind notice.

Yours,
From Somewhere On the Masthead

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?