Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

In Which I Make A Guest Appearance...


Well, to paraphrase that old rhyme:

I'm not a poet
and I...am fully cognizant of that fact.

(see what I mean?)

But there comes a time in a man's life when he meets a woman--in my case, there's more than one--who moves him to poetry, or the nearest approximation of same.

Of course, it almost goes without saying that my wife and daughter are the chief targets of whatever feeble couplets I can string together. But there are others.

You know who you are.

One of them is the lovely Naiah, who has been absent from her blog of late. To compensate for depriving us of her company, she's been allowing guest bloggers to fill in. And last night, she asked me--ME--if I would write something for her. It's not often women as delicious as Naiah ask me to besmirch their nubile sites with my grubby, sticky copy, so I agreed right away, before she could change her mind.

I won't tell you how long I spent on this, because honestly I don't want to know whether you'll be impressed or aghast. But as I have no--or at least very few--secrets from you, I thought you might want to have a read.

More importantly, if you haven't spent any time at Naiah's blog yet, it's certainly not for want of links in this entry. Seriously, this is as good a time as any to get reading. She's a peach of a writer. The pictures she posts are mighty peachy too.

(And if you want to see some real poetry, check out Jennifer's effort in the comments under my entry. Jennifer's blog is here.)

What, are you still here? Get going!

Yours,
From Somewhere on the Masthead


Comments:
Thanks for the birthday wishes... much appreciated...

Turning 21 again is great... Too bad I can't really drink though... so I guess I have to deal with being 27...
 
I'd never deprive you of my company
;)

Ok, I'm trying to dead pan it, but I can't even type that without cracking up.
:P
 
Oh you are so a poet! That was great! My favorite part was the ruptured spleen bit.
 

Thanks a lot! This a outstanding web page.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on BlogShares